Thursday, December 2, 2010

Mission Accomplished!

My children have their school Christmas concert this Friday...yes, as in tomorrow. There are two rules: 1. Wear a dress or skirt (girls) and 2. Wear Christmas colors. That's no big deal...unless you have neither and it's the day before the big event!!!! I think I just enjoy working under pressure. To be completely honest, some of my best work is turned out when I'm under pressure. For example: I finally got around to making Maggie (my youngest) a Thanksgiving shirt THE MORNING OF THANKSGIVING!!! Check it out:
How cute is this?? I LOVE how it turned out.


So back to my mission: I had to come up with something and if I didn't have to buy anything that would be fabulous! So here's what I came up with...

I bought this little number at a consignment sale quite a while back. It's a green houndstooth jumper made by Kelly's Kids. Simple, but it doesn't exactly scream CHRISTMAS!! to me.

So, I took it and did this to it:


It had to be something simple cause all that green houndstooth is quite busy. I needed to incorporate more Christmas colors too...like the all important RED. I have to say I'm pretty excited with how it turned out. It was like a game, a challenge, and I can say mission accomplish for under $10 (the cost of the dress). Not bad for the day before...


Now, hopefully I can focus on Christmas themed attire for my little ones and get them posted BEFORE Christmas day :)

1 comment: